Quote:
Originally Posted by TWMPerformance View Post
Looks fantastic!

- Renato
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWMPerformance View Post
Fitment and ride height is #1

- Renato
Thanks Renato One of my friends advised me to go slightly lower, in order to have a better feeling on the track and lower the center of gravity, but I might have problems to ride it then ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fes128 View Post
Greetings from the USA!

You are a big inspiration because I have the same color car as you but it's a 128i.

Your car is amazing!

Keep posting updates!

Cheers.
Thanks Fes128 ! At the beginning, I was taking inspiration here in 1Addicts, but the, I decided to do my own build without any help. Finally, I'm going in the direction of a unique project which is going very well on the track (details after).
Speaking about updates, there will be more in a few weeks or months

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrey_gta View Post
Awesome build! Keep it up!!!
Thanks mate I wanted to sell it a few wekks ago ... But this thing is such appealing, that I simply cannot !

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcaron9999 View Post
Very nice upgrade. Im thinking about doing the 1M strut top and the M3/1M cowl modifications, to gain easy access easy to the back of the N55 motor (coilpacks, spark plugs #4-5-6).

Does this mean that the E8x chassis can accept F8x M235i calipers front and back as well? I wonder how these brakes would compare to my BMW 135i stock Brembos (6-piston fronts and 2-piston rears). After three years of tracking my E82/135i, piston tops are chipped, and dust boots have disintegrated. Im due for a front caliper rebuild. I’ve been debating on whether I should do the RB stainless steel pistons swap and RB high temp blue dust boots, versus upgrading to an aftermarket BBK. I would certainly consider M235i calipers from a scrap/salvage yard as a replacement, if they fit, and they tolerate heat better than my stock 135i calipers...
Hey man You definitively should do the 1M strut brace: you will have better access to the damping adjustments. But be careful with the M3 ones: that's not the same attach point on the top of the engine bay! Maybe you can add the BMS filters too during the cowl modification.

Yep, the E8x can recieve the Fxx Mx35i calipers and disc without any adaptation: that is 100% plug'n'play. Combined with the PS Cup 2, it was one of the best mod of the car! Regarding to your case, I think you should rebuild them with the RB rebuild kit. You should add some good pads and good racing fluid too (I don't know wich one do you have) I recommend you the Pagid RS29 + Motul RBF600 combo or Endless MX72 + Motul RBF600 one. In addition, but some stainless steel brake lines.

I advise you to get the BMW Performance rotors too. With all of these little points, you will have a much better brake capacity. One of my friend, NTTY, has the first abovementioned combo with these discs. Super satisfied of it. In addition, I tested them and that's fantastic, more or less like the F2x combo!
The M135i / M235i calipers will fit, that is obvious but regarding to the heat dissipation, I really don’t know ... Remember, the more pistons you have, the better the dissipation will be. In addition, you should go to the F30 brakes backplates too (I will order them for the next upgrade sequence on my ride)
Speaking about my brakes now, I was reflecting of a two-pieces rotors kit, but for the M135i / M235i OEM kit, it’s quite impossible to find … I wanted to lower the weight of the system, but I’m quite depressed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsta View Post
excellent, let us know how you get on with the Cup2s, looking at those next time round
Thanks Tinsta You will find a short review in my next paragraphs!

Now, let’s speak about my Coupé a bit … I told you I went to times to my local racetrack. Thus, I had the opportunity to analyze how it was going.
The suspension, ST XTA, is really awesome! Remember they have the same hardware as the KW v2, linear spring + spring helper front and camber plates. What a good coilovers kit. I’m really impressed. I went with a friend in a KW v3 equipped 130i and a 135i with these coils and … That’s truly the same thing (or even better)! First time, I adjusted them to 6 front and 6 rear. Second time 4 front and 4 rear. It was going far better during the last session of tests. I will try to put 3-4 or 3-3 next time. I have no roll at all. The car is really planted. No parasite movement of the vehicle. I will try to put a bit more front camber too. I actually have -1°28’, I plan putting -1°50’ or -2°00.
The tires, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2. The manufacturer recommend a pressure toward 2.3 and 2.5bars when hot. They have and incredible amount of grip. The only sideways I had was because I did not respect the correct trajectories all the time. I put more than 1.5G without any problem and regularly 1.4G on them. Even after 45 minutes of tracking, they still have grip contrary to the Michelin Pilot Super Sport I have for street driving which are losing the fight after 4 laps. The Cup 2 communicate a good review of the tarmac. I felt really confident with them. The braking forces are very well controlled too. In a few words, I really recommend them (regarding to their price).
The brakes… My sweet brakes Braking at the end of the straight line at 161km/h at 40 meters of a tight curve and passing it at more or less 40km/h … That’s really cool! In addition, with the MX72 pads, I do not have any fading any vibration or whatever. The enormous amount of force is transferred to the ground thanks to the PS Cup 2.
To sum up, the car is very well balanced. Perfect IMO. I drove in DTC mode which is night and day. First session, I did a best lap in 2’15” and regular in 2’16”. Second one, regular sessions in 2’14”, so, big improvement without any modification. The weather was too hot for me and even for the car: 35°C is too much … I still have a lot to learn especially with the new braking force I have: I cannot use it very well and I’m losing time (too much brake). In addition, I should let the car go outside the curves more naturally and not force it. With all of these little points and with 15°C less, I think I could run around the 2’10” something.

Then for the next steps… I mentioned I had the idea to sell it and to buy something else. I went in the wrong direction with this state of mind. I will continue with it during at least five years and will see after what will I do (100% tracktoy, clubsport, swap, etc …).
For the mods, I’m starting saving for a shorter final ratio (2.78 one of the 330d) and for a Quaife LSD. It will be an enormous budget, but I think by the end of the year I could manage. Then, I’m reflecting of a larger intercooler (a Wagner one) even if I have a 135i IC in my garage waiting for the fitment. I’m a bit frightened it won’t pass with the 120d fan, radiator and so on. Injectors of 35d and downpipe (not really sure about it because of the smoke at 70% of load) are good ideas too to reach the 28xhp/5x0Nm. With all of these bits and even less (250hp/520Nm, 2.78 without Quaife), a friend of mine is at the same level of a M135i till 200km/h (after the 6L goes and say goodbye) which is quite impressive for a little 2.0L. Maybe I will add an oil catch can, accusump, radiators, stretcher of transmission chain or some stuff like that in order to be more reliable, I still have to study it.
I still have the rear brakes to upgrade. As the M135i / M235i solution is impossible (without machining the hub and the disc at several points), I will probably buy a set of Geomet rotors and put Pagid RS29 pads (Endless are a bit too expensive, like … 450€ here in France). I’m looking to the Recaro Pole Position or SPG route in order to have better maintain too.

Let’s do some place now for some pics !

And here a YouTube link of me:

Thanks for reading me and keep tuned!

M Sport package, Stage 1, CDV, BMC airfilter, VMR vb3, ST XTA, BMW Performance stuff, M3 arms, E93 M3 anti-roll bars F and R, ...

French community of 1 and 2 Series: One-Two-Bimmers
Appreciate 0