06-20-2011, 10:51 PM   #31
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
My dad is purchasing an X6M soon and hes a former trans am driver with extended wheel time in cars such as a GT40 MK II, an SVT Boss 302, a Lamborghini Miura P400 SV, a 440 Jensen Interceptor III, and a Ferrari Daytona.

How do you explain him?
Retired or old car guys get X6Ms...does that work?

I don't know any serious car guy that wants to race that would get an X6M to compete? Did you dad get this to compete or just wants a really fast tank to carry golf bags? Even Dr Kay of BMW when defending the X6M said..."I love the X6M, when I leave the track (car) I can drive this awesome machine home." Point is, it is NOT a serious performance car. I would venture to say that if you ask your dad, and he is a real car guy as you say, would tell you the same thing.

Anyway, this is a waste of time, I never should've gotten involved but you keep putting down people's concern with run-flat for performance and ability to go off the grid on long drives.

I am off the grid on this one. Enjoy your run-flats, your 5000lbs truck and NAV of course because I'm sure you think that NAV and bluetooth make you go faster too.
Appreciate 0