hollysmac
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Bmw 228xi Gran Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture1 View Post
Excellent, thank you. Looks like a rare time when we have to provide them updated info. I'm trying to determine which snow setup will work as I think I'll get my 1M in about December here.

I am running
4 qty. 235/40-18 pirelli winter 240 sottozero serie ii xl
on
18x8.5 light grey painted trmotorsport c2

These are the setup off my e46 m3. They look stupid but they do work. I know because I ruined a wheel & tire from highway construction clutter and had to run on my snows for 2 weeks. I will probably use 15 mm spacers in the back but I haven't gotten my racing studs put on yet and did not have any long bolts. I even went to Vermont over the 4th and put 700 on the car. I went pretty consistently between 75 & 85 mph. I think rear spacers will help the stability above 85. It doesn't really matter because I don't tempt fate in the winter. I am a southern gal and I will never like winter driving. Luckily I bought the tire & wheel insurance and I made my money back.

I like the Pirellis because in Buffalo we have everything from dry to lake effect weather in winter and they are a v rated tire and can go as fast as I dare in winter; which is not all that fast
They go on the first of Nov and come off the first of April for my annual trip South to NC to see my Son & Grandson. I have been driving on Snows since 1977 and always seem to come back to the Pirellis.

Holly
Appreciate 0