07-24-2012, 01:02 AM   #193
TheSt|G
Resident Tamed Racing Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911, 130is, E39 M5, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by flinchy View Post
You can easy find the front and rear setup <1k second hand off these forums even.. All you need to fit rear (i think) are new handbrake lines or something.. More pistons usually means more equal braking force application at the very least

As far as i'm aware the bmwp kit which is brembo only falls down with smaller rotor size (heat holding capability), and the fact the drilled rotors crack easily.

I mean, using your own logic.. Bmwp kit + better pads is still better than oem+pads lol

So $1500 for used bmwp kit with uprated pads vs at least 5k for something proper high end
Factory Brembo, like the stock 135i brakes or the BMW PBK having nothing to do with actual Brembo BBKs. It's purely a marketing stamp.

And yes, I would agree the BMW PBK+better pads would be better than OEM(aside from the cracked pistons/melted rings as it is just the 135i kit), but not from a dollar to upgrade ratio.

BMW PBK is ~$1900, better pads are $200-$400, bringing your total to $2100-$2300.

A real StopTech BBK which would provide a substantial performance increase over the aforementioned setup would be $3200.

The numbers just aren't there to justify the half assed BMW PBK.