Rep
Drives: the silver bullet

Garage List
2010 135i  [8.90]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETADRAFT
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelblue View Post
since you said you're in advance group, I would say the most important mod is camber plates. without it, the car feels like a pig at the trough and if you're fairly fast, you'll soon run out of brakes. race pads, fluid, ti shims and some cooling will get the job done 98% time.
Thats good info. what is the proffered camber plate? (i"ll do a search also) I like to think i'm fairly fast, but this will be my first season in this car so i'm sure i wont be too fast to start. FWD to RWD i'm told is a whole new ballgame.

My MOD plan so far for a weekend tracker is;
-shims and pads, bummer about the pistons on these calipers. (i was using Carbotech xp12 in VW, probably will stick with this)
-SS brake lines & Fluid.
-Cooling - could use some suggestions here
-Camber plates
-Rims & Tires - stagger? or square? always a good debate.

I already installed a JB4 with intake and DP, couldnt resist the HP/TQ claim seat of pants dyno approved it.

I'm getting amped for a track day, been off for about a year.
Welcome to our fold. There's a lot of good info on this forum as you may already found out. General consensus on best camber plates is vorshlag. For getting some cooling for the rotors, I have cut the splash shield behind the rotor and bend it to scoop air to the rotors. It works pretty well! I've been tracking this car for the last 3 years and I'm still on my original pistons. I don't think I can get another season out of them but you can get upgrade pistons and seals for our calipers.

As far as square v stagger, square will give you more neutral handling and option to rotate and prolong your rubber use. Be careful with your added HP/TQ. It'll bite you in the ass if you're not careful w the throttle. The car can be a beast on track! Have fun wrangling her