View Single Post
      07-18-2007, 11:20 AM   #18
eMINI
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdc View Post
Personally, I despise run-flat tires. So my first mod will be to change out the stock rubber with some nice regular tires mounted onto some new rims (still haven't decided which yet).

As for if I ever get a flat tire, I'll just keep a can of fix-a-flat in the tool bag I'll keep in the trunk. Works for my M3, it should work just fine for the 135i. :biggrin:

So who else is ditching the run-flats?
For me, the answer is: It depends.

When I got the MINI I planned from the beginning to replace the RFT's and OE wheels for the weight savings and performance advantages. The improved ride was a bonus. So for 42K I've been trusting in a can of Tire Slime and a cell phone. So far, so good.

I'll have to drive the 135 to see whether replacing the RFT's is important to me this time around. I expect that the technology is being improved and that at some point it will be acceptable right out of the box. Until then, I'll be buying conventional performance tires. I'll just have to wait and see.
2010 135i Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Red Leather | Poplar Grey Wood Trim | 6MT | Premium pack | M Sport pack | Heated Seats | HK Premium sound | USB | Smartphone integration | Automatic high beams
Appreciate 0