vertebra
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i vert

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleThreat View Post
Just to be clear what I mean by"last man standing" is the last car with a naturally aspirated i-6 of "good old days". No other meaning or whatsoever within this thread.

So, whether the 128i is a significant car or not (in your opinion, it is not) or you think highly of it or not (apparently you don't), it is still a hard and cold fact that the 128i is the last car with a naturally aspirted i-6 (thus, "last man standing"). Unless, of course, BMW decides to resume making more cars with such engines. Sure, if the 128i is talked about in the future at all, it could be probably just out of nostalgia. If the the car is a significant and deserves a special attention for that reason alone is totally debatable.
Unless I interpreted your original post to start off tis thread that is not what you said at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleThreat View Post
Or will it be just a lesser BMW only for a 'fun fact' trivia?

I am wondering if 128i will become a significant model (as the last car with a naturally aspirated I-6) when talking about the history of BMW in the future or it will be a car people barely remember that has existed.
Appreciate 0