View Single Post
      04-04-2011, 05:36 PM   #5
WLKSFTLY
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Noir 1M ED April 5th 2011

I noticed a couple posts about the car's use and asking about the engineers recommendation for oil changes etc. They were very clear, get some milage on it, 1000 km-2000km first, then change the oil (likely break in oil) before beating on it or taking to Nurburgring. I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm trying to be gentle on it, even though we're using 9/10 of it.

It happens that I'm in the pool of people who do believe that you should use as it will be used, but all my experience has been Porsche, VW and Toyota. I babied the Posche, it didn't help me. The VW and Toyota were red lined every gear, every day, for 200k km each and each are still in the stable, using not one drop of oil.

In all but the one launch though third gear did the peddle touch the floor. Every other point in video or photos was acheived without full throttle. (I guess there were a couple moments on the high speed run too, when we were eating up straights a bit too quickly, but they were moments, 2-3 seconds).

Someone in one their posts said it best, what would you do? I live in Ontario. We have a government that believes that nobody has a need to go above 150 km/h (or 30 over for the US guys, 93 mph). At 150 km/h you loose your license, are fined $10,000, they impound your car and off you go to jail for a bit.....Before this, they just fine the crap out of you and your insurance skyrockets.

I'll do my best not to hurt anything, and I'm not doing these things specifically for this post.

While I'm here, I'm going to enjoy. I can drive it slow for years to come back at home.

Last edited by WLKSFTLY; 04-08-2011 at 03:46 AM..
Appreciate 0