View Single Post
      07-23-2015, 03:23 PM   #20
Cheeze1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post
Looking good, though of course I'm biased.

Can you maybe give us an update on your thoughts/impressions of the dinan stage 2 now that you've had it for a year?

I might also suggest it's about time to swap out the air filter, too, depending on how anal/ocd you want to be. The dealer probably won't do it til 30k, but some people like to replace it every 15k miles. Depends how dirty it is of course.
Thanks for the tip, I'll have a look at the AF. I'm very happy with the Dinan tune. There is zero compromise to driveability in any way. Massive increase in torque, and power under the curve in general as compared to stock. Granted I still have not driven a 1-series with a different tune so I don't have much to compare to, but this really feels like the way the car should have come from the factory. The price is definitely the only downside, but since I had it installed so early in the car's life the peace-of-mind of ~45k miles of warranty-covered driving is worth it to me (plus I got it on sale). It really is a massive difference compared to stock. I think it's plenty of power for a street car (or at least I keep telling myself that to stave off more mods haha).

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFamousKicks View Post
The BBS wheels look great
Thanks!

Last edited by Cheeze1; 07-23-2015 at 03:30 PM..
Appreciate 0