05-12-2013, 07:53 PM   #20
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayao View Post
Oz - what do you plan on setting camber/toe when you get your camber plates?
I honestly don't know for sure yet. Thanks to the continuing delay from HP Autowerks (or Vorshlag) I still have plenty of time to figure it out though I plan to ask Harold's expertise on it as a form of friendly compensation as well as the workshop technician's advice.

On principal caster must be as high as it gets, while camber will be anywhere between 1.5 to 2.0 as a starter (I tend to go for -2.0 first), toe maybe 0 or close to 0. I didn't decide if I should touch the rears also at first attempt or not. Street/canyon/back road and highway driven car with everything stock suspension/chassis wise other than the stock size PSS set.

Once I drive the car on a variety of roads with the new setting I will know for sure which values I should go back and change to adapt my conditions and driving. I don't want or need major changes for now, just a bit more front end bite, better turn in without compromising the rest of the attributes of the car. The rear could be a bit more planted as well but that's mostly due to combined effect of lack of down force and abundance of torque.

I will also learn what is needed on the stock car better next week since there will be a surprise BMW Speed Day on a small local track (used to be a Formula 3000 race track in the past they say, not in ideal shape and doesn't have good length or straights but that's what they have). Registered my name to have a chance to drive my car with some professionals and to have some fun. Only M cars and BMW motorcycles invited.

I also hope to receive some good advice from Forum heavy weights
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.

Last edited by ozinaldo; 05-12-2013 at 08:15 PM..
Appreciate 0