View Single Post
      06-09-2011, 03:24 PM   #19
Syndr78
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: about to be faster

Sorry about asking--the thread had been silent for over a month.

Looking back through some of your history with this car:

I see that you elected to uninstall the Cobb-- this would have been a GREAT option to have purchased along with...

Also this (from your thread on your alignment being off):

So it's a rainy day here in Dallas, TX. I was making a u-turn under a bridge and coming out on the other side when a reckless individual runs his right turn red and dives towards me. To avoid what would have been a definite impact i swerved left and because of the slick surface wound up slamming a curb at about 15 mph and hopping completely onto the elevated grass shoulder.

The impact really shook me up and I ended up a mere foot away from the bridge wall. Anyways, after I gathered myself I drove the car off the curb and into the nearest parking lot. No structural damage as far as I can tell, which amazes me. All bumpers and sideskirts unscratched, however, there is a bubble in my rear left tire sidewall. The only major bummer is the alignment. The steering wheel is cocked left when I'm going straight, and it pulls slightly left as well.

I hope this can be resolved without issue. Anyone have similar alignment symptoms and successfully remedy them?

and this:

also, it sounds like there is a rattling underneath the car when I disengage the clutch on take off. don't know if that sound has always been there or not, it's very faint and sounds like a flutter.

better let BMW look at it.

Gotta love Texas drivers!!

What ever came of this issue? Any issues with clutch?

Your car is gorgeous--love the color combo
Appreciate 0