View Single Post
      12-20-2017, 06:49 AM   #22
liebemeinauto
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfindigital View Post
...guess I'm going with the ETS 5", which also seems like a pretty quality piece.
Yes, no trimming at all there, direct fit. I have the ETS 5", love it, and it's plenty of cooling power, and a practical upgrade in and of itself, given the tiny stock FMIC. I like that upgrades on this car are also "good" for the car, so to speak, for example more robust charge pipe, and improving over the leaky stock diverter valves.

I went progressively, but would up going down the full bolt on path, to eventually include catted downpipes from Cobb, aFe dual cone intakes, Cobb charge pipe, Forge Diverter valves, aFe catback exhaust. MHD wasn't around when I started, so did the Cobb Accessport, went through their stages of tuning compatible with parts installed at each step, then finally a custom tune from ProTuningFreaks when they were still doing the N54. Super driveable, very sedate for traffic or cruising, but a definite beast when the pedal goes down, pushing 20 psi at WOT.

I plan to do a walnut blasting (am about due for one, again) and then will dyno the car, hopefully in January, since I'm very curious what my numbers are, but it certainly keeps up with some strong runners.

I don't find that my power level is overwhelming my suspension (although I did do the M front control arms, and rear bushing inserts, but everything else is how it came) and I agree with your take on things, in terms of what to do first and how to proceed.

Congrats on your buy. Enjoy!
Stay tuned, be tuned. '08 135i N54 6MT, Coral Red Interior, Fire Orange custom grilles and fade-to-black custom BMW Rear Wing, Black Line tail lights, Cobb CP, Forge DV's, aFe DCI's, ETS 5" FMIC, aFe Mach Power exhaust, Cobb catted DP's, M Suspension bits, PTF tune (on Cobb AP), 6000k Xenons, Lux H8 Amber halos, Custom fogs. Conformity is for wimps!
Appreciate 1