View Single Post
      05-17-2011, 08:24 PM   #1
RnmEvo9
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Angry Raceland downpipes...WTF did you do to my car?!

So today I decided to put my raceland downpipes on my 2008 135i and I'm not really sure if I like how my car drives now. For one thing, I now have no traction in 2nd gear where as before I did with just the jb4. It's just a tiny bit louder idle wise, but definitely more throaty when I go wot. Honestly, if I didn't mention it or if you looked underneath the car, you wouldn't know I had them in. The throttle response is definitely more responsive as well and the turbos are a bit more audible but not much. If I decide to put my dci in, I'm sure it would be more apparent just like in my previous Evo9.

I remember when my Evo had no traction in 1st when I converted to e85 put a big grin on my face. The jb4 plus the downpipes on map 2 put a similar grin just now. I don't know how much power it's making but I'm loving how responsive it is now, except lack of traction lol.

Its probably the best $700 in total that I've spent on the car. For 200 shipped the downpipes definitely exceeded my expectations in terms of fitment and performance. I had cheap Megan downpipe on my Evo that still made excellent power on stock turbo and I would imagine this would be similar. If it was a set of turbos or something that would require the utmost importance in quality, I would have shelled out the money. Now to get a more efficient intercooler and call it a day.
Appreciate 0