View Single Post
      01-20-2011, 01:42 AM   #165
blackbim14
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 black bmw 135i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by thez99 View Post
Numbers look good. Just wondering after reading that other guys testimonial, the DTC..when you press it once and the light comes on, does that mean DTC is OFF or ON? Cant believe im still figuring this out, but Ive been driving most of the time with the light on, pressin it everytime i drive think this turns the DTC OFF and therefore not doing the engine kill thing everytime i hit a tiny bit of skid.

I want DTC when its slippery or snowing, but otherwise I dont want the ECU cutting engine power just for a little bit of tire slip. So whats the real verdict, the OM says pressing the button with the light on means its turned ON, so im confused. I know how to turn off both DSC and DTC but I always keep DSC on since thats with the brakes not engine power.
from what I understand DSC is on automatically. when you push the button once it activates DTC (traction control) which allows more wheel spin before acting and will not cause changes in engine power. if you hold it in for 3 or 5 seconds then both are off and the only thing left is the electronic LSD.

hope that helps and is correct. anyone?
Appreciate 0