View Single Post
      07-30-2012, 10:05 AM   #4
OLEK135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

For autocross there are so many factors that affect tires that you really have to play around with them and monitor after every run. Use your morning session to fine tune your afternoon session. At an auto-x last month I started afternoon session at 35 front and 37 rear (I was 39 and 41 in the morn) and as they heated up they came to life with my second to last and last lap dropping nearly a full second compared to my first two. I ended up third in class (full stock). Yesterday I had a much different experience and two of the key factors was a much different surface (black top and very slippery) and much longer intervals between runs. I never felt I got the tires up to temp and never had the tires above 41 psi. Needless to say I ended up 7th but my times held at 51 seconds all day with my last lap being the fastest and clean. In hindsight I might have gone 38 front and 40 rear just because the wait between runs was so long. I am not sure what level autocrosser you are but in speaking with the guys I run with who usually battle for FTD, they were all shocked when I mentioned 39 and 41 psi to start cold and suggested I decrease the psi (from my autox last month). I hope this helps, I have never been on Direzzas, but I thought these tires were amazing compared to the RFT Bridgestones.
Appreciate 0