///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SerieStud View Post
Amazing and congratulations! Thanks for sharing. Every time I see a new thread I experience happy feelings as well as frustration...I still have to wait until October to see my 1M for the first time.

Can you elaborate on what that European-enabled parking light feature is? I see what it does, but, what does it symbolize, and do you get to keep that feature or is disabled when shipped to the US?
Thx for the kind words, guys!

Stud: the parking feature I referred to 'euro' is actually available on US cars as well. When you park and switch off the car, you can activate is by simply turning your right or left turn signal to the "On' position (up for right, down for left turn signal). Only that respective single-side rear LED light, and front AE halo (and eyebrow for LCI cars) will illuminate, so minimum juice is sucked out of the battery (nothing on the dash or in the car is illuminated).

I call it a "euro" feature because European cars have it (Audi and Merc included). It is generally meant in cases when you park on some narrow, badly lit street, and you are the first car off the corner. You always illuminate the outer side of the car, so it could 'trace' and signal to others, especially in times of poor visibility. You just don't want to have someone slam into you in the example I gave you (narrow, 2-sided parking, badly lit, in foggy condition street). In this case I was just playing as I love the LCI lights, though was the left-most car, so perhaps I had a case to make
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0