09-17-2007, 12:59 PM   #28
135i_
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lotus Elise

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ito135i View Post
(and most people) ?! OH REALLY since when did you and three other guys become most people?
When I said most people, I was referring to most of the people I've talked to. I've been to a lot of BMW events and CF rarely comes up. Guess how much CF is on our full race 2002tii? None. It's not worth it and the car is already stripped anyway. It's unnecessary and the questions hugo already brought up about safety are legitimate as well.

Quote:
Since when did useful become the only priority?
Is this thread about cost effiency?
That's the difference. That's the point I was trying to make, thanks for making it for me. For myself and other enthusiasts, useful IS the only priority. Guess how many track cars I've seen with sweet ricer paint jobs? Very few if any. Like I said if you like CF good for you, but stop trying to convince people that it'll do much for you performance wise.

Quote:
many of us are already planning on doing those 20 things you mentioned. Including a cf hood since the oner needs less front end weight.
Oh, what besides CF are you planning on doing? And why does the oner need less front end weight when it's already about 50/50?

Quote:
I guess you won't be buying aftermarket rims either because that would make your car look "kewl" or add to the "bling" factor that "most people" would be turned off by?
No, I will certainly be buying aftermarket wheels and tires because they are a necessity performance wise.
Appreciate 0