Australia
Rep
Drives: M140i F20 LCI-2

Garage List
2018 BMW M140i  [0.00]
Mobility kit sealant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
+1. Yup, when BMW assist came for me when I had a flat on the "other side" of Germany... he also said it is always better to use a spare tire(even a mini like I had in the trunk) then to use the Mobility Kit. It is a last resort.

I also believe in order to "put" the glue/sealant in the tire... you have to remove the valve stem "guts" with a tool. The service tech also said even with the sealant inside... the wheel WILL vibrate like crazy. So I installed my mini donut. No vibrations, but major handling issues and the rear end was always "wagging" going down the road. Not fun.

That is why I bought a full size spare. Never again. I don't care how much trunk space I lost. I feel safer with that full size spare back there!

Dack
Dack: It is a latex sealant, and the idea is to spread it around then get to a tyre repairer ASAP. That is my around town solution so I don't expect vibrations at 80 kph. For long trips, I will use a M Sport spare and on that point I can only agree with you. The cost of the alloy space saver plus freight to Australia was as ridiculous as the prices Michelin, Continental and others gouge us with here. That's why I chose a Mobility kit out of the US and a Jack system out of Germany-UK as shown.

Last edited by DrGadget; 10-17-2012 at 05:13 AM..
Appreciate 0