View Single Post
      09-28-2012, 04:45 PM   #8
firechicken99
Major
Rep
Drives: Black '07 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Pee View Post
I always bite the bullet and have the dealer do oil changes. It keeps the records in one place.

Plus...the oil changes are free if you bought it new. I just had my 1 year oil change yesterday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskpsu View Post
I rely on the dealer for the aforementioned reasons of being free and having service records. My 1M just needs an annual change for the low miles I drive. After warranty, I would probably do it myself because I have nice facilities to do so....climate controlled garage, lift, etc.

For cars like our X3 that accrues more miles, I do incremental ones on my own between what BMW covers, because I personally believe the intervals are too lengthy (also did a break in oil change since BMW won't cover a car like that....but it doesn't negate the need IMO)
Same here. I disagree with their ridiculous intervals if you do anything other than garage queen your 1M. Based on my usage etc. I buck up $77 with Tischer every 3-4 months or 3-5k (Im not exact, just dont wait to hit 10k without fresh fluid) on an oil change kit and plan to visit the dealer for my yearly service in December.
Appreciate 0