04-20-2013, 10:11 PM   #85
TheSt|G
Resident Tamed Racing Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911, 130is, E39 M5, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by themellly View Post
Lol neither one is understanding my point at all. Who knows the car may have been broken.. I drove it normally though and only for 2 days.. I don't own a 128 i wouldn't know exactly.. but your not understanding my point. If I was worried about gas as you people think I am i wouldn't have modded the crap out of my 135.

All I was asking was what made you stay with a 128 because as I also wanted a 128.. after a while of thinking about it i changed my mind and went with the 135.. but never mind because the only answer I ever get is "i dont care about MPG" so forget i asked.
Seeing as you were talking about MPG and everyone responded as such, I'm not sure why you think we are the confused ones.

I didn't get a 135i because I don't want a car that is 250lbs heavier, I hate turbo power delivery, I hate turbo powerbands, I hate the failing injectors, I hate the failing HPFP, I hate the failing turbos, I hate the failing waste gates, I hate carbon buildup, I hate overheating on the track, I hate crappy knock off factory Brembos that fail under actual load, and I hate being required to own a sunroof.

Just off the top of my head, but I have none of that with the 128i. Instead I have a linear 300hp coming from the final evolution of an engine that BMW has been developing over the better part of 30 years mated to a silky smooth transmission in a car that with a little work will easily be at sub 3000lbs with no sacrifice of daily drivability.

Price was never a concern in the slightest. Which should be pretty abundantly clear as Supersprint headers alone are the difference between a 128i and 135i.