mikal7
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 128i / Rx7 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by themellly
Quote:
Originally Posted by 631twentyeighteye View Post
Oh i didn't understand what you meant in that case. Main thing for me is longevity and reliability, thats why i got a 128 over 135. Another factor was price, but I'm extremely happy with my decision.
lol thank you for answering with a normal response! I was just curious what other peoples reasons were for staying. The reason I switched was just because turbo cars are easier to modify.. i'm all about performance mods, the faster and louder i can get
lol if you were all about performance you would have bought an M car. The BMW turbo engines are terrible on the track. Direct injection and turbo is a terrible combo and it falls flat on it's face after 5400rpm, that's if it stays out of limp mode long enough to do a clean lap. It's a complete pos that motor. I'll take an NA port injection inline 6 that BMW is known for, if I wanted boost I would have bought a Japanese car. An evo X is 100x faster than any 1 series. It gets worse city gas mileage bc it's port injection, I put 70,000km on my 128i last year, averaged 27mpg- I don't think that's bad- the 128i is a momentum car, u have to buy it manual to enjoy it, u hold gears and simply fly through turns at wot. You can't do that in a 135i, it's not fun. The loaner automatic 128i they have you is obviously going to suck.
Appreciate 0