11-25-2011, 10:56 AM   #17
josephvman
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M Valencia Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by LofgrenCL View Post
I normally do not typically respond and keep my opinions to myself, however..

This issue has more to do with just "Part Numbers" or "Turbo Models.." My wife took delivery of the first E89 3.5i Z4 (US Spec) in Stuttgart, back in May of 2009. This car still has the first edition of the HPFP!! She babies this car and it ONLY gets Esso 93/98 or Shell V100. To date we have had absolutely ZERO issues with the HPFP.

As result, I think this issue has much more to do with fuel type and quality as compared to just faulty parts. I am amazed to see people spend $50K+ on a vehicle, then shop around and put the lowest price (or cheapest) gas in it. The other cited possibility is the high sulfur content in US fuel.

In the end you get what you pay for.. (Crap in, crap out..)

My experience .. and my .02

The N54 is a great motor and has TONs of unrealized performance.
Your "opinion" is based on nothing more than an assumption that the people who are having failures are using cheap gas, which I can assure you isn't the issue in my case. I could say that the reason your wife has never had an issue is because she babies the car, but it would be an assumption based on a sample size of one, like your opinion, and would be just as meaningless...
Appreciate 0