Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR_Steve View Post
Jezzer,
It is difficult but I would struggle to recommend it for the 1M. To be fair, Titanium Petformance, the UK importer have been good but my issues are not resolved. I still have clearance problems despite the rear section being replaced by Akrapovic. I've purchased some polyurethane exhaust mountings which have helped but appear to be under a lot of stress. The exhaust has been re-aligned four times by 2 Akra dealers and myself to no avail. However this problem has not been mentioned by anybody else so maybe it is a problem with my vehicle?
with regard to the wiring, this is easily resolved, just do not follow the Akra instructions and find an alternative 12v ignition switched supply. They recommend connecting to the rear tail lamps which in Europe are always on, but not in the UK though DRL can be coded to include the tail lamps.
The valve is annoying as I have close neighbours and leave early for work, not a good way to make friends!
It's all a little frustrating as Akrapovic are a great exhaust, I know this from other applications, but from my experience they've not made their best effort on the 1M.
Let me chime in as now I've had the Akra for a couple of months and actually have experienced a few things in common with Steve. I too have some clearance issues, the passenger side tips are too close to the stock diffuser, and even though the exhaust is bolted tightly and properly, you can slightly wiggle it with your hands and give it a nudge outwards. I am sure Akra will 'blame' it on my mid pipe, but the truth is when I bolted the Slip-On to the stock mids, alignment was not perfect either. I plan on getting the Revozport diffuser (or other alternative if someone like Slek comes out with a revision to their own one and incorporates fins), so this diffuser will likely not stay for too long anyhow.

The other issue is the vacuum delay as we both eluded to in the thread. In reality, it affects people with the valve kit only. If you have the blocking plate (standard with the order) it won't impact it, and likewise for those that will dremel out the blocking plate (essentially loud always setup).

I personally have not had issues with the wiring because as Steve mentioned US cars have the DRL rears on all the time. It must have been an oversight by Akra not to include a UK-specific (or non DRL cars) footnote for the install. Pretty surprising considering the install directions for the 1M are nearly 30 pages!

All in all, if I had to do it all over again, would I? Absofrickinlutely! Still wouldn't go for the full Evo system, better off going with a 3rd party mid pipe (MadDad, Berk, N55) + the Slip-on. Just my $0.02 though.
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0