View Single Post
      09-07-2011, 01:00 PM   #230
Legion5
Major
Rep
Drives: e92

Sigh, the public is so ridiculously misinformed about cars. This stuff is laughable. A lawyer, really?

I personally know some of the best engine builders in the world who build F1 engines, I race semi-professionally, I've worked for Indycar teams. The way your car was driven was actually pretty close to how you'd want the car's first few miles to be in a perfect world. The tech's did you a favor and probably increased the power output of your engine in the long run. You want the engine to rev in the first few miles for a few minutes.

Either way though something like this doesn't matter for shit, honestly, the 2k they offered you was more than generous. They offered to pay you thousands of dollars for breaking your car in like a racing car is broken in. They might as well have changed your oil for free and offered 2k for it.

Don't get me wrong, this sort of behavior shows the dealership is irresponsible, and not to be trusted with vehicles, BUT what they actually did here isn't something to worry about. It's this sort of fucking insane over reaction to something that is actually beneficial that really makes me lose faith in the average car buyer and enthusiast. Just because your car is driven like a real driver would doesn't mean it's going to explode the next day.

Cars are designed to be driven hard, they are over-engineered to a ridiculous degree on purpose, they are designed to handle being flogged ad-infinitum. Joy rides are bad because they risk crashes, not because the car can't handle it. Missing maintenance is about a million times worse than a joy ride.

Last edited by Legion5; 09-07-2011 at 01:05 PM..
Appreciate 0