Rep
Drives: 2008 135i MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by timo1980 View Post
clutch delay valve?
Removed about 4k miles ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Humm... I think I would throw some OE BMW's MTF-LT-3 or LT-4 in there and then take it to a BMW dealership. I suspect it is a bad gear in the tranny.

Have you ever missed a gear change really badly? Or grinded say reverse gear? You can break a tooth or two off of a gear and then all it takes is that broken tooth to get smashed between two other gears. Then its all over for your tranny. This is one reason why it is important to change the gear oil frequently. It sounds like your 2nd gear is damage. But the good news all of this should be covered by BMW. I would just get rid of the RED redline tranny oil and put in some regular BMW trans oil.

Good Luck,
Dackel
I've never missed or grinded a gear personally but this car was used when I got it, it had around 38k on the clock when I had it. Transmission oil was the first thing I changed.

What you're saying makes sense but trying to get a dealership to get an actual diagnosis and fix the issue is a real kick in the nuts when all they're doing is shrugging their shoulders and saying it falls within spec.
Appreciate 0