08-27-2011, 12:50 AM   #219
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
Your first pass of that night, sure. But how many passes in previous trips to the strip? My point being it takes practice with a specific setup to realise the potential of the car and of the driver in that car.

It's always hard when you get knocked off the top spot but remember the golden rule: there is always someone faster. Always.
It was my first time out there with FBO. The other 2 times I've been I only had a tune and tyres.

Safe to say I would improve on the consistent 12.2* that I was getting as that was the first time I'd driven the car with that setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMM View Post
Well after 4 passes im satisfied with the car in its current state, maybe i would of been happier with a lower 60ft, but 19's and street rubber just couldnt get it sticky enough.

Those with less power wont have as many issues getting out of the box. Less traction issues and less torque to break wheelspin. Hence lower 60ft, short time and lower MPH. Good half track acceleration up to speed, but not enought grunt to keep hauling and winding up the MPH.

Unfortunately these cars arent cable throttle, so one can only input and modulate the best you can. The ecu sees throttle as a "demand of torque" from the driver (in a primative sense)...so when you are driving a vehicle with double the torque output for what it is originally scaled and mapped for.....there isn't much you can do except pull back off the gas early in the box and put it hard mid track. Hence the solid MPH mid to late track.

So for now, until Justin gets some radials and the Vishnu PWM kit and back on the Advan dyno for more development...this little black duck (stig) is satisifed with the times i layed down. Others should be to!

Some of you should come down on a wed night and say hi! Would be good to see a few 1er's out there!
What brand and size were the tyres? Also, what rpm were you shifting at? The 60ft isn't bad it's just very average. I'm curious to know what happened as it seems you got out of the box okay then either had a bad shift or let off the gas momentarily?
Appreciate 0