View Single Post
      09-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #1
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
New 135is Wrapped with Clear Bra

Having picked up the car less than 72 hours ago, I spent day 2 getting it detailed so I could leave it with my clear bra installer. If you're from the tri-state area, you really should hit up Lee Berbs. He did the front end of my Z4 and also did gloss black roof wrap (thread here).

On the 135is, I asked to get the following done in Suntek film:

1) front bumper
2) partial hood, fenders and mirror
3) rear bumper
4) partial rockers

I would've done entire hood if the budget allowed it but unfortunately that wasn't the case. I chose rear bumper because this car occasionally gets street parked in NYC so didn't want to take chances. And lastly, I asked Lee if he could do partial rockers on the front if he had enough material left over, which he graciously did at no charge. I plan on installing mud flaps soon so I wanted some film in between the flaps and body so debris wouldn't get through.

I know some don't see the point but honestly I think I've paid for 5 resprays for 3 cars over the years. It's just not worth it and no matter how good the body shop is, it'll never be as good as the factory paint. With my long commute on I-95 everyday, it seemed like a no brainer.

Partial fender:

Partial hood:

Rear bumper:

And she's done... can you see the lines?

Rocker's a little visible

Hood line barely visible

Last edited by 3002 tii; 09-09-2013 at 06:27 PM..
Appreciate 0