01-29-2013, 10:05 AM   #50
kb135
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i Space Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJay View Post
Just noticed the M colours on your grille, I like it. What paint did you use?
They were just tape stripes that I used - I just happened to have the ///M colours in them.

Quote:
By the way, do you have a donut spare or a fix-a-tire can?
Not yet, but I am getting an inflation kit just in-case. Have already had one puncture while on the 18's and lucky I had a friend who wasn't using his 1er and lent me his wheel for the weekend haha.

Quote:
By the way, how did you get rid of the amber from your headlights? Did you get a whole new housing? I'm worried about doing that because I have the adaptive ones and can't seem to find a viable solution. Thanks!
All aus-delivered 135i's come with no amber in the headlights I believe. So what you see is actually stock.

Quote:
Tell me more about these Camber Plates...
They are SouthernBM camber plates - non-adjutable, however, you do have a choice of two settings, which you set before the plates go on the car. If you're using stock suspension components, I believe the first setting gives you about -1.3* camber and the second setting gives you -2*. However, if you're using ///M suspension parts (control arms, etc) then you are likely to end with with more camber. I currently have -2.5* up front and -2.2* at rear. Andrew at SouthernBM was very helpful, have a chat to him if you're interested in these. BUT a word of advice, get a suspension company who really knows what they're doing, else they can install them the wrong way and end up with -4.0* camber... I know because I did. Had to take it back for a re-install. Sounds like such a simple thing to install, but yes... they're out there... haha.

Quote:
No, I mean the wheels and tires setup. What offset do you use? Did you rub using that setup?
Front is ET 45, and rear is ET 50. Because I am lowered on Eibach Pro-kits they rubbed a tad, had the rear fenders mildly rolled and it's all gone now.
Appreciate 0