11-13-2011, 06:29 PM   #15
Beemer22
Banned
Iran
Rep
Drives: SOLD: 2002 BMW M3, 2011 BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete_vB View Post
You won't feel bad for the guy paying way over list for a "collector's car" which was unbeknownst to him borderline abused before he even bought it? I guess people that have money don't deserve a fair deal?

What about the guy that works for a living, as most guys here do? They don't deserve fair deals either I guess- BMW made and priced this car for them, partly to bring new people to the brand. But those guys are SOL- this dealer's not going to even give them a crack at a car.

BMW corporate SOL as well, as they get to watch their brand satisfaction numbers go down the toilet when honest people try to do the deal BMW advertised and are told "sorry, but you can't have that deal. He're a different deal for 30k over."

Everything about this deal stinks- it pisses customers off and hurts the brand. It's literally illegal in most countries. I realize you're a dealer: if you've convinced yourself this is remotely OK I think you've been warped by your profession beyond repair.
We sold 4 1Ms at MSRP. And that's all we sold.

I'm ordering for 3 M5's at MSRP.

We don't mark up our cars. Some clients get amazing deals where the dealer actually loses $1500-$4000 on 1 car!!! Believe me the profit now comes mostly from parts and service. There is really no gross profit from car sales.

Corporate has taken over most dealerships and it's more for them and less for the employee.

Most and I mean more than 80% of sales people nowadays make an average of $200 per car sale. All bonuses are gone. Hours are extended.

We see record profits from the Dealer and from the Manufacturer and our pay continues to be lowered systematically. So any real money being made is really for the top.

Smaller version of 99% vs 1%

Sales people don't make as much as you think, and yes, there are some cheesy ass salespeople out there. I know because when I called around for the 1M, I couldn't believe my ears.
Appreciate 0