View Single Post
      02-20-2014, 09:56 AM   #18
yllwwgn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i
Location: Milky Way, Earth, North America, Arizona more specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCNJ View Post
Thanks a lot for this!

One question though, can you explain a bit more on how you actually heated and bent the lip back?
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin fed View Post
Seems like you are gonna have lots of copies of this coming this spring......probably myself included, LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerE82 View Post
Looks great! I hated those wing things! Looks a lot better without them. Good job! If I wasn't planning on carbon fiber splitters I'd go this route for sure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by I35it View Post
Super pumped!! F*ck yea!!!! (red bull and coffee!!) Thanks for this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeze1 View Post
Good job, I've always wondered if the little wings were solid all the way through or not. Good write-up.
thanks guys.

As far as bending it back, it was as technical as heating up the entire thing until it's WARM/PLIABLE basically, and then holding it with your foot in the middle and pulling the sides back... like you're bending a huge polymer bow with gorilla-like strength. I channeled my inner primate and it seemed to work fine.

As far as the "copies" part, cool with me! I doubt few of us on here were "pioneers" of anything, besides it's nice to share with the community anyway ! Post some pics up on here when you're done!

"Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak".
Appreciate 0