03-16-2008, 01:18 PM   #40
BMW Dreamer
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Modded 06 TL Manual

Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow View Post
Well, I think Tex has a legitimate reason to believe what he says. European cars just aren't as reliable as Japanese cars. Japanese cars just aren't as fun as European cars. Depends on your priorities.

I know this is a BMW forum, but I do want to learn and be warned about what I am getting myself into. My first BMW is on order... and doing a lot of research.

You guys say not to listen to one man's whiny reliability stories but in turn whine about your previous Lexus. It's hard to believe who. Tex was a bit bashing BMWs from the get-go so I can understand why he would be banned.

Plain and simple. I just want to know the truth.
This is what I am looking for, but I will check with the only BMW dealer by me to find out about courtesy cars IF the 135i needs to stay in the shop overnight or an extended stay. I went there this morning and saw several 328i courtesy cars. I guess if they always give you a courtesy car while under warranty it's not to bad if it needs more repairs then say an Acura. As long as problems don't occur every 3 months. The people who are new to BMW will just need to have "FAITH" in the brand, and hope they don't get one of the duds that is constantly in the shop. AND I have read several people who have had one of these LEMON's. If you end up getting a car that is in the shop SEVERAL times in the first 2-3 years, at least you can sell it before the warranty is up. AND save alot of extra cash if you keep the car after warranty is up.

Thats all I can say. NOTHING out there is comparable to the 135i. Its a bargain IMO. As long as you stay away from premium pkg and NAV which is $5,400. WAY TOO MUCH $$$ I don't need it anyways.Pray alot.
Appreciate 0