View Single Post
      01-10-2011, 12:11 AM   #1
jeremydgreat
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

So Cal track day - next weekend!

Is your 135i a garage queen? Do you always mock your muscle car friends and brag about the handling of your fine german automobile? Are you putting carbon fiber parts on your car and you have never even been to a track? Are you a sissy who is afraid of pushing your daily driver too hard? Are you a tool who drives 100mph on the freeway because that's what you think people with fast cars are supposed to do?

Have I got the solution for you...

Chuckwalla Raceway is having open-session track days next weekend.

I would LOVE to see some other 1'ers there. There's only like 10-15 cars going at the moment which means around 5-7 cars are generally on the track at once.

Here's the track: http://www.chuckwallavalleyraceway.com

Here's a video of the track (shot by yours truly):

Here's where you register/pay ($150 for a day): http://www.starcarsports.com/events

Here's the highlights of the event:
  • The track is brand spankin new and it's amazing.
  • OPEN SESSIONS! This means no drive-your-butt-off-for-40-min-and-sit-for-2-hours. It's just drive on and drive off, whenever you feel.
  • People and the atmosphere are very chill.
  • There is plenty of runoff into nice, cleared, compact dirt desert floor. The "punishment" level is very low at this track.
  • It's winter still. Go to the desert tracks while you can.

So there you have it. It's perfect for beginners because it's not crowded, people are relaxed, and if you go off the track or spin out... chances are it won't be a big deal. Like, for reals.

It's out in the middle of the god forsaken desert though, so if you don't live fairly close, I'd find a cheap hotel in Palm Desert friday or saturday night. I'm going on Sat, so if you want to join, PM me. If you're nice, I'll even share my EZup with you.
135i // M-Sports Package // RR Oil Catch Can // Black Kidneys // iCarbon Hood // Alum Pedals // KW v2 Coilovers // Vorshlag Camber Plates // Hotchkis Sway Bar // Wheel Studs. Best mod ever? Tires. 255's in front, 275's in back.

Last edited by jeremydgreat; 01-10-2011 at 12:23 AM..
Appreciate 0