08-29-2011, 06:01 PM   #41
GT1281
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 330e/F25 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash83 View Post
Explain 320-350!!!!! 320 is NOT equal to 350. and you will be lucky if you got 320 wheel hp on the dyno with this kit.. BMW is doing the impossible to cover the HPFP plague..
Easy Ash83. Lol. When I say I would be happy with 320-350 hp what I mean is if I do the Power Kit Retrofit and it adds the 20hp and 32ft lbs of torque and I decide thats all I want to do in the way of performance mods I would be happy with that. I might decide to go a different way with the performance mods and end up with 350hp and I would be happy with that as well. I never said they were the same and I'm fully aware that they are not.

BMW is not trying to cover up any HPFP issues. This is part of a press release from BMW:

The BMW Performance Edition brings more horsepower, more torque and unlimited exhilaration to your Ultimate Driving Machine.

Woodcliff Lake, NJ - July 20… Performance breeds excitement and the BMW Performance Edition for the 2011 335i / xDrive Sedan ensures that new car buyers are in for that extra thrill beyond the outstanding performance that can already be realized with these exciting vehicles. Customers can now option their vehicles with a special BMW Performance Edition (option code ZMZ) that includes an all-new Power Kit, black kidney grilles and a “BMW Performance Edition” badge for only $550.

The BMW Performance Edition for the 335i highlights a Power Kit which consists of engine tuning software (no additional hardware):

Increases the engine power output from 300 hp to 320hp and torque from 300 lb ft to 317 / 332 lb ft (manual / automatic transmission); this is the same horsepower rating as the 335is!

Acceleration from 0-60 mph is 0.2 seconds faster than the standard model and 0.5 seconds faster than the standard model from 50 mph to 75 mph.

They are offering a retrofit of option code ZMZ to owners of the 1 and 3 series in case they are interested in getting a little more HP with the piece of mind that it doesn't affect your warranty . Thats what I'm talking about. This is not a fix for any issues.

Last edited by GT1281; 08-30-2011 at 06:42 AM..
Appreciate 0