View Single Post
      02-11-2011, 01:17 AM   #11
BimmerMeUp
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Well that was definitely one of my questions - does the new Cobb flash have an "STU legal" map like I've read about for the rally cars? Is the "stage 1" map "directly altering or modifying the boost or turbo controls, either mechanically or electronically"? I agree it seems so, but then there are these STi guys.

So a JB4 eliminates that issue, right? Or is that a problem too? And what about this stuff in FastTrack, I can't say I quite get it yet.

Did I miss some protest on all Cobb flashes? Do they successfully use "these allowances"? I think the allowances are about manipulating the fuel pressure, either directly electronically or mechanically (but not both), or by manipulating the air mass sensor reading?

Can't say I know much about ECU hacking.

Edit: No Stage 1, I see that now. Too bad, AP flash sounds much nice than piggyback. Anyone know about "STU Maps"?

Last edited by BimmerMeUp; 02-11-2011 at 01:22 AM..
Appreciate 0