View Single Post
      03-03-2013, 10:06 AM   #25
Ayrton91
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M, BMW X5 3.5d

Guys, been disconnected from this forum since I posted the question, but glad to see all this feedback. My conclusions based on your input:

- The Ventus Evo is great for what I have been using it: alternating between DD and having fun at the track on a lower powered car than a 1M, without breaking the bank (for the focus it's $100 per tire...)
- Since the purpose of having a track set of wheels is not trashing my OEM tires it makes sense to be willing to spend a bit more and get something that trully suits the track. Based on the input it seems it is between the new Dunlops (ZII) and the RS3s, but it might be worth considering the PSS, and since pricing is close for all these, that variable would be out of the equation (durability would still remain though)
- Rain can be a factor down in South FL (last year there was rain in half of the events I did), so that takes some points off the RS3s, still if it's raining I can always revert back to my OEM setup.
- There doesn't seem to be much fact based info yet on the Dunlops, mainly the assumption it is as good or better than the Z1s. I have seen some commenting that Dunlop might lose some of their grip at high temps, which would be an issue down here.
- PSS is a street tire with reasonable track performance. As it is more street suited, would probably be better in terms of durability

Based on all this I am between the Dunlops and the RS3s. Tempted to try the RS3 first and give the Dunlop a chance on my next set. On the OEM side will move to PSS once my current OEM set is done.

Will keep you posted and thanks for the great feedback!
Appreciate 0