United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

FS: Volk Racing gunmetal RE30 18"x8"

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
A set of four (4) forged Volk Racing RE30 gunmetal-painted 18 inch by 8 inch wheels with Pirelli Sottozero performance winter tires. Includes installed tire pressure monitors, hardware, and plain center caps.

The 135i has big brake calipers on the front and these wheels cleared them no problem and never rubbed against the wheel wells. The wheels weigh 16.2 pounds each; much less than the stock ones. In my opinion, the Pirelli winter run-flats did not hurt performance very much compared to the stock Bridgestone run-flat summers. I was very pleased with this set up.

I’ve put approximately 12k miles on the tires since I used them to commute into Midtown NYC from North Jersey (about 28 miles round trip) for four winters. There is still one or two seasons of tread on the tires.

One of the wheels has a slightly bent rim (about an eighth-inch deflection) that does not affect the tire bead or ability to keep pressure. There is some curb rash and a few scratches from normal wear and tear, but they still look nice. I have a picture of the set posted on my personal main page and can email more detailed pics if you're interested.

These things are taking up room in my garage that my wife needs to store more junk.

Appreciate 0