View Single Post
      09-30-2009, 11:57 AM   #20
pit1
Captain
Rep
Drives: F87 M2

That's a tough choice. My Mom has an '05 C4S as her "summer car". I use to drive it quite a bit when I lived at home, it's simply perfect. At first impression, you might feel the 135i accels in some areas you outlined, but get comfortable in the Porsche and it's a whole new experience...the transmission, from clutch feel to gear ratio and engagement gives me chills everytime I drive it. That said, the 135i is certainly more "livable." It's more comfortable, far quieter, and can easily be a year-round daily driver. Depending on your driving habits, I would be cautious with a 911 as a daily driver. My Dad does about 30K miles/year, he had a '00 911, the car was constantly in the shop, the dealer admitted it wasn't built for that abuse...additionally it beats the crap out of you for extended daily use. He admitted his M3 was a far superior daily driving performance car.

I can't answer that question. If it's a daily driver and you require comfortable, reliable, low cost maint = 135i. I love Porsche, but until I can afford it to be a spare car, I'll stick with the versatility of a BMW.
Appreciate 0