View Single Post
      01-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #16
bavarianstig
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixelblue View Post
evidence seem to be pointing to brake pad compound. sounds like pads with high torque rating like hawk and carbotech maybe the culprit
Yandy,

You should not be having problems with ABS, unless you are using high performance pads with bad tires (friction of pads > grip of tires). However, high torque pads should not have an impact on ABS system if you have decent tires.

BMWs ABS system is widely regarded as one of the LEAST invasive systems on the market. So much so, that you will have other people (I have known some Corvette owners) retrofit the ABS module from BMWs into their cars.

I myself have Stoptech BBK, and have used Hawk, Carbotech XP8, 10, 12, and PFC-08 compounds in conjunction with Kuhmo Ecsta XS or Nitto NT-01 tires, and have never had problems. I know that when I switch to my street tires (regrettably which are Continental DWS) that have much less grip, ABS is much more invasive, even with street pads.

I'm guessing your problem is bad tires (too many heat cycles), and the grip just isn't what it used to be. If you have had this problem even when the tires were new, I'd suggest looking at your braking technique and work on modulation.
Appreciate 0