Thread: 125i Buyers....
View Single Post
      04-16-2008, 04:55 AM   #39
Kizzt
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICHARD NEWTON View Post
Professor,There is no difference between the 125 and 128. It is just an identity code to follow suit . Eg, The States get the 328 and we get the 325, both have the identical engines.
They may have the same engine, as does the 130i, but they are all tuned differently. A gentleman working at BMW here in Brisbane has suggested that apparently the 128i has a different manifold and exhaust system, which may be shared with the 130i but not with the 125i, which apparently has a more basic system. Out of interest, i beleive the 125i and 128i both get General Motors gearboxes, rather than the european ones in the 135i too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jksgoh View Post
with the engine being the same, is there anything physically different about it or the exhaust? or just some sort of ecu upgrade?
Kizzt, just out of curiosity, why didnt you go for the 130i then? (was looking at pricing of 130 and 125 myself when i was choosing... and i thought they were quite similar, if you spec them up the same that is)
Yeah, i had the option of taking a 130i with sportspack and all the options, for a steal second-hand, or obviously ordering one new; but i think it is just awful looking. It seriously looks to me like the back end has been reversed into a wall at speed. If they had the option of a 128i i would have bought it just for the power difference.

I was also looking at a Nissan Z (no-go; turbos) Audi TT (new one looks awesome, but audi wasn't willing to deal and tried to insinuate i couldn't afford it, also found gear changes jerky - that's another story). Alfa Brera (looks great, but too slow). Also woulda gone Volkswagon R33, except i hate the look - if they had a modern Karrman Ghia i'd totally be there!
Appreciate 0