Thread: what a ride
View Single Post
      11-15-2011, 09:49 AM   #16
The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

No, but that's a very good point you bring up.

I did find that the runflats were a bit sharper, however, they liked to skip and jump a bit more.

The stock runflats really don't weigh much more then non runflats, they have them pretty well designed now, but they are so silid, it's like riding on a 10 ply truck tire.

Also, I just swapped my summer rims and winter rims yesterday (aftermarket vs OEM) There is a massive weight difference there... I did weigh the difference last year, and one of my front rims i think (if i remember correctly) was about 10lbs lighter, The rears aren't as bad with a difference of about 5lbs. You can feel the extra weight on the clutch, if driving stick obviously.

The M3 control arms and bushings actually added a lot of road feel without making the car uncomfortable feeling. I could feel the tires hitting cracks on the road through the steering wheel, it's a neat feeling that sadly i've gotten used to and don't realize is there anymore.

I have done the full suspension at this point, so the runflats vs non runflats have basically cancelled out the effects of eachother through mods, I have way more feel then i ever did when i first got the car with the stock tires.
Appreciate 0