06-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #16
discoboy1
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E82 1M VO/F30 328D

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapter View Post
To update everyone following this thread.

I have contact BMW Canada and have opened a case # in regards to the concern/ issue that many are having with their vehicle. I am going to the dealership to drive the vehicle with both their shop foreman and the service manager.

I suggest that others pick up the phone and contact either BMW Canada, BMW USA, BMW North America, BMW UK etc etc and start similar cases. In this way we can all learn and contribute to BMW's knowledge pool and help sort out a solution as to why some are experiencing the issue and others are not.

Update: June 2 2011

Dealership: Took a ride with the Service Manager and the Shop Foreman this afternoon after contacting BMW Canada customer Service in regards to this exhaust Drone. The Service manager and the Shop Foreman BOTH have said, yes that is a drone.

However, both noted that "although we hear a drone it does not necessarily mean that there is a problem with the system". The Shop Foreman indicated that the resonance from the Drone appears to be originating all they way a the header's of the exhaust system and travels all the way down the system to the exhaust.

In Sum: The dealer is leaning towards this drone being a design feature/ characteristic of the vehicles performance.

What the Dealer has done: They have contact their Regional Technical representative who will be involved in the loop pertaining to this situation. Once they hear back from the Regional Technical rep. they will get back to me with an answer.

BMW Canada customer Service They are documenting the whole experience as it happens. They are in agreement with the dealers who have contacted the Technical Rep. BMW Canada wants to wait and see what will happen with this situation as it unfolds.

I will continually update the thread as the story goes on...
Can I ask what dealer are you talking to?