View Single Post
      01-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #136
flinchy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
I would buy bilstein struts, but I wouldn't buy struts that bilstein made, sent to bmw, BMW rejected, and then blistein scratched out the BMW logo and resold.

Believe whatever makes you happy. If they worked out, then you won the OEM parts lottery this round and got a good deal.
well yeah, neither would I.

the only reason the control arms have the ///M logo is they're cast, it's not economical to have 2 casts, one for aftermarket (which TRW does LOT of in general btw).. one for OE.

So if bilstein sells them not-rejected, but has to scratch out the BMW logos because it's not legal for them to sell with it? :/.. If bilstein sold defective units (you know, not meeting TUV approval etc.) they would be in SO much trouble, and it's the same deal with TRW. if they were defective by law there has to be a 'for offroad use only' or something to that effect.

i don't understand why anyone would think the same companies products would potentially suck simply because you're buying them directly, rather than a third party (which is worse to me actually)

as far as i know ECS hasn't had any returns yet? and they've sold a solid volume of them.

It's really not hard to believe that OEM = the same parts as OEBMW or OEMB or anything like that.. without a sacrifice in quality

if you're talking an aftermarket OEM, i could understand where the hesitation would come from (say.. meyle or lemforder or something, while they DO make OE parts for other cars/makes/models, they don't for BMW so FITMENT could be an issue for example)
Appreciate 0