09-23-2011, 02:56 PM   #19
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluflyer06 View Post
Well not always, but here it certainly seems pretty average for one. Where I used to get my tuning done in Chicago on my Suby it was abit of a heartbreaker as far as Dynojets go, it read significantly lower than my buddies Dyno Dynamics.

From what I'm told the big advantage of Dynojet's is consistency due to using a weighted roller for resistance which doesn't change.

@Mike, its possible the dyno operator didn't print the exact one that I was able to overlay with the Cobb but it was from the same session and it was was 1st run done at the best IAT and with a week of learning/adaption.

I don't know what to say to you/Terry, the product def. works quite well for alot of people, I'm not trying to flame you guys I'm just showing a comparison of 3 different states of tune on 1 car on the same dyno. The JB4 is/was not wounded thats simply how the car runs with it installed for whatever reason.

I don't have any logs from that first session b/c I didn't have a laptop available, I was regularly seeing 3-5* being pulled out on the street. For anyone reading this this isn't a mission to sell you a flash based tune, this is my experience with a Piggyback vs. flash. You should use whatever product your engine is happy with, for me I just don't think seeing lot of timing correction is OK, I've gotten the impression (which may be wrong) on this forum that these events may or may not be knock or might be "pre-knock" suffice to say that whatever it is, its the DME's way of reacting to something it sees as not good and I'd rather not see that type of behavior in my logs especially if it is really is knock events.
I think his point was simply that there were other changes from the last dyno to this dyno that might account for some or the majority of the differences observed on the dyno. Like weather, the new plugs, fresh tank of gas, etc. I am not discounting your testing nor do I think anyone is. Just pointing out that the JB4 results should be much better and have been much better on other cars which you already know, but other readers may not.

Mike
Appreciate 0