View Single Post
      01-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #16
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

The tires are still in the break-in period and feeling very new but I couldn't help myself and took them for a mountain road drive (climbing to the first row of the Andes just outskirts of Santiago); was a beautiful sunny day and nice road with decent surface. Even with such low milage on them the tires performed superbly, more stable and grippy then the original PS2s. Around the twisties I left the car mostly in the 3rd gear and with MDM on or DSC on to see different reactions (I am not closing DSC totally off on new roads plus the car also is still in the break-in period, so unless I push over 5500 rpm I feel that is not necessary anyway).

As always, it was difficult to provoke any DSC intervention with these tires under "normal" use, I felt like I am so far away than the limits of the tires. If I go to that same road again I know I can go faster without any real risk or concern.

Also I am choosing the horribly irregular cobblestone streets near home sometimes and any 90 degree turns etc. on them even at the lowest possible speeds were resulting with DSC jumping in before, not anymore.

I am hoping to take the car for a trip outside the city soon to finish the break-in and also see how they behave on highway conditions and with higher speeds.
Appreciate 0