View Single Post
      03-12-2023, 08:28 AM   #5
BMWCCA1
BMW Owner Since 1971
Rep
Drives: 1964 700 Sport Cabriolet

Garage List
2013 BMW 128i  [10.00]
I still don't understand the fascination with stripped E82s, especially the "slick-top" reverence here. I'm 6'-1" and can fit in my sunroof and power-sport-seat interior with enough headroom left for a helmet. And I'd never give up my LCI Nav car's "music collection" feature which allows me to use the car's hard-drive as an iPod, with a decent display of the music menu or even just radio stations or phone lists beyond the crappy one-line display of the standard MIDI. And if you've ever driven at night with the standard Halogen headlights, I'll bet you immediately started searching for headlight upgrades. Any and all of these options are desirable and functional—and far cheaper used than what the original owners paid for them! Let's hear some support for the fully-optioned E82 out there. I'm sure those who own them would never trade for a stripper again, even if the stripper is cheaper, which they don't seem to be.

And paying 6-speed-manual prices for an automatic (regardless of color) is just crazy. It's like paying more for a convertible over the coupes. The fully loaded Msport stick-shift coupes are what drives the prices on these cars lately. All other E82 versions are simply riding those coattails.
Appreciate 1
Matt Z34.50