Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E87 130i

Garage List
2005 BMW 130i  [5.24]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcaron9999 View Post
The thing with brake pad reviews and opinions is that they will be skewed. Everybody uses brakes differently, whether on the street or on the track.

Consider this: the power that your stock versus tuned engine makes. The grip of the tires you use, the layout of the track you drive on most often (long stretches will cool your brakes better between hard braking zones). Do you drag your brakes (beginner to intermediate level driver), or use them hard and quickly (advanced drivers)? Do you cool down your brakes after each lapping session (no use of the brake pedal on the last lap before returning to pitlane)? What percentage of your driving is done on the street versus the track. Do you swap your pads and rotors between events?

These will all have an effect on brake bite, brake fade, brake pad longevity, and even brake noise to a certain extent.
<snip>
If you only drive on the street, with no or very seldom visits to the track, Ryan (OP) has provided a couple of good "hybrid" pad candidates ...

I would tend to recommend the PFC 08 pads, as the best all-rounder ... Love these pads, but they did not hold up to my useage pattern at the track (tuned car, wide tires up front, short tracks) ...
Thanks for sharing, I agree with your thoughts above. What we saw to work well on SAU (one of the BEST technical forums for JDM Turbo Nissans) was a thread such as this stickied as it captured the opinions, thus the repeated hybrid type reviews were in one place, a consolidated list of options, and for those who have gone down the path you have- they could see who bought what from where etc.

Thanks again to those who have contributed.
Appreciate 0