View Single Post
      09-16-2015, 03:17 PM   #33
E82MSport
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' Crimson 135i

Track Review - Mid Ohio Full Course (no chicane)

Pad: PFC08 (front & rear)
Fluid: Motul RBF 600
Suggested use: Track only
Actual use: Street, track(HPDE)
Dust: I'd say middle of the road
Rating for actual use: Excellent

Notes: First time using these pads but based on the recommendations here it was money well spent. As a note I didn't have shims so I was getting pad clunk when going in reverse/forward while braking. Not a big deal, I'll get some shims to fix it.

Break-in/bedding procedure was about 10-15 hard stops at various speeds starting at 40mph up to 70mph. I did about 5 stops at a time with a cool down. Each time the pedal got firmer and brakes were working better. By the end they were smoking/burning off the grime and I had really good feel. As I figured, they got even better after a full cool down.

If anyone is interested I'm using Centric premium high-carbon rotors (Stop Tech blanks) and they held up perfect.

I put about 200+ miles on them at the track with little issues. They took about 2 full laps to get to temp (quite noisy before full temp) but after that they were very consistent. Overall feel was quite good and easy to modulate. Pads once warm provided medium/high bite with minimal pedal effort in the short braking areas with excellent consistency lap after lap. Hard braking zones were almost as consistent with a couple fading issues. Back straight I was seeing between 135-140mph coming into a hard braking zone and I noticed a little fade over the next couple turns but quickly went away. This was only after about 20 minutes of hard lapping that I started to see fade, but as I noted it quickly went away.

Pads and rotors showed minimal wearing, better than expected. I'm sure I have several more events before these are ready to replace.
I give these pads a high rating because they were not only excellent on track but also the 500 miles to and from. They're quite quiet for a dedicated track pad and really didn't make a lot of noise on the trip. I am switching out these pads and rotors for my stock~ish setup (OEM rotors and Stop Tech Pads) to save them for track only days. Unfortunately my lapping season is done for this year but it was a great end to the season.

Reviewer: E82MSport
Ohlins Road & Track Coilovers / Apex ARC 8's 245/255-35 MPSS / Wagner Downpipes / Wagner EVOII Intercooler / ER Charge Pipe / Forge DV / PowerFlex RSFB / PowerFlex Differential Bushings / MFactory 3.46 Torsion LSD / MHD Flasher

Last edited by E82MSport; 09-16-2015 at 07:13 PM..
Appreciate 2
lab_rat394.50