Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbo_3101 View Post
Congratulations on your new tyres

http://www.safercar.gov/nhtsa-saferc...e=any&wear=any

Trofeo R might have slightly greater longevity than Trofeo, but it still would be interesting to see your mileage as a street tyre. The other issue with using it daily might be debris spraying around the wheel arches, since the tyres will accumulate any and all road materials/objects once hot.

I was (and still am) extremely nervous using competition rubber, given the lack of traction until operating temperature is achieved, and the fact that mistakes or misjudgements no longer occur at high speeds - but they can occur at extreme speeds. So it is a double-edged sword

Perhaps if in doubt, allow more rather than less warm up laps ... then release air after each session until you are at the target pressure, because you might not find the limit of traction (or might not want to find the limit of traction).

Good luck!
Thanks! I don't chew my tyres out unlike some others . I tend to get twice as much milage out from my tires for some reason, but probably because I don't got WOT at every opportunity and I looked after the pressure and alignment.

I already have the spraying problem, but I am trying to be a bit more careful when I know the spraying is happening. I tend to pick them up near the edge of the road whilst parked and I am extra gentle when I start my car and tends to clear it out pretty quickly.

The tyres seems to be more sensitive to pressure than heat. As least on the road the cold grip is already better than the PSS. I would be very careful on track as numerous reports on getting greasy when the pressure goes too high and the tyre get thrashed. Camber would also be interesting, but will speed up my suspension if the first track day proof to be problematic. It would be interesting to see how quickly I can find the limit as it is important to find the feel at limit quickly so that I know what to expect.

I know I would need to be more systematic with controlling pressure especially on sprint events, and I might start running the next M3 test day like a sprint event.

Many thanks for all the tips!!
Appreciate 0