Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 130i coupé ;)

Garage List
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister_1 View Post
I'm still thinking about which way to go. German tune Is showing the best max hp gain, evolve, well he can't tell me an estimated hp figure, and AA is promising 130i power.
That german dyno you post shows 260 hp as the estimate at crank, basically the software extrapolated from guessing a loss of driverain. Also germans use PS and kW. PS is usually higher than US hp/bhp. Therefore the German option for HP is on par with Evolve, AA, Eurocharged etc.

For your decision, perhaps treating AA vs Evolve equally will be wise and comparing them to German option. Once you decide on German offering, you than can focus on the alternatives of Evolve, AA, Eurocharged, and even P-Ptorque.

The only questions you should have left is:
- cost & service - how will you deal the ability to reflash in an odd situation( not just headers), and if you care about that option
- What do you want to gain from a tune - refinement for disa & mid range gains or to chase max poweeer
- What Octane setting you choose

German tunes may have better torque as seen by DS motorsport's e90 325i US-spec ( no disa, just euro box). But that may not apply to other tuners, WS tunning customer reported a lower than claimed hp# on a independant dyno and the dips are felt(naturallly by looking at the dyno curves advertised by some and the one you have)

Off topic -Hmm, would be interesting to compare AA 93 octane tunes to my Evolve 91 ish octane tune, I need to find a local AA-128er.

Also a back story on n52 Tunes -
When I joined these forums. Eurocharged, OE, and AA were the names for n52. Gintani was dropped a year prior to some dyno fudging scandal. AA was at this point offering stage 1 and stage 2, now they only sell one version "Stage 2.1", since they updated it a 3rd time this past summer(Shows their dedication and their recent 128i exhaust plans). Eurocharged just happened to refocus its business and their Vendor status expired, despite great reviews and competitive price. I guess they felt tuning other boosted cars was their focus that year. They did respond to my emails and their service I would say is good. OE tunning was compared to AA stage 2 by user @Hooy to have small gains on his 328i, no disa just intake.

So at that stage I had to choose between AA or Eurocharged. Comparing dynos of 3 stage + tune, they looked very simmilar (there is one some where for Eurocharged). Naturally I lusted for German tunes with 275hp for 125i. So when Evolve came to these forums and Showed a complete package I was impressed (dynos of whp & estimated hp, and on a car that their family member owns). Previously Evolve was the name dropped for 130i tunes and never showed the extra dynos. Compared to AA, at that time, I think they them selves had just one dyno of an Auto with 3 stage+ tune(They now do have a dyno, on their blog of a burgundy e91 328i and black e92 328i).

So given the time, Winter 2012-2013, Evolve surprised me and I wanted to be a gunea-pig anyway because I was chasing Hp. No regrets, everyone is better off.

I discovered P-Torque in April or so, and the reason I keep mentioning it is because their dyno is promising claiming 235 whp. If that is STD & on optimistic dyno, trying converting it to SAE or adding penalty for dyno differences they have 5 whp gains over most whp SAE dyno #'s. Their TQ curve after 4k rpm is not far off from the max peaks. As for service, great reviews on the babybmw forums with costs comparable to Evolve for cable tune. So they should be added to the Tune Wars

"The 1-series is the last car that BMW engineered before the Germans, as a car-making culture, fell out of love with driving." - R&T 2013 135is

Last edited by andrey_gta; 01-31-2014 at 07:00 AM..
Appreciate 0