09-11-2012, 06:49 AM   #35
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikx1M View Post
great photos and mix of cars with mods...thanks for sharing and let us know when you do the Swiss 1M Meet 2.0.. Was that SGM 1M a wrap with active E hood? What kind of CF intake was that?
Hahaha Rick! Let us first work on a Stelvio 2.0!!!

Yes, it is a wrap. You can see the car is really an AW 1M with the hood open and inner fender shots under the hood. The wrap is actually TWO wraps. A base wrap and then a translucent film or tint that changes the color. In photos the car come out grey... in real life its sort of a grey/green/silver color. Its very classy and definitely a one of a kind color. Its very close to the grey that Aston Martin use - I think.

You might have missed these threads Rick that Stratus650 posted...

My 1M in Candy Grey Metallic!
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...ght=stratus650

Your opinions on Messing Metallic
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=694007

"... a wrap with active E hood?"...

Yes! Stratus said it was hard to get, but he got one with Mr.Metek2you 's help. When the hood is open you notice how some of the cross bracing is missing to clear the ActiveE's batery pack under the hood. Stratus says this hood is actually lighter than the OE hood. Even though both are made from steel.

What kind of CF intake was that?

GruppeM Air Box from Japan(I think). Stratus said he found a good deal from a dealer in Australia. He paid in full, then the GruppeM factory/dealer in Japan builds YOUR cf intake to order. It takes some weeks... but the results were AWESOME>!! It was really a quality part. And it was much nicer than Manhart's cf airbox - I think. for (much)less than half of what Manhart wanted. Actually, I think this cf airbox even cost Stratus less than what a DINAN unit sells for.

Stratus also had some really trick LED turn signal bulbs bought from Japan. I will post some pics & video soon.

Appreciate 0